We love a good excuse to gather up friends and family, throw the coals on, and have a party. Super Bowl Sunday is one of those good excuses. While you’re planning your own spread, consider our Top 5 Game Day Recipes.
Wild Game Jalapeno Poppers
Use wild turkey, grouse, duck, or pheasant.
1-2 ounces cubed meat
6” pieces of pepper bacon
1 tub of cream cheese
Jalapeno’s – cut them in half and then ¼ them. Fill with cream cheese. Place meat inside and wrap with pepper bacon and skewer with toothpick.
Place on foil on the grill cook at 350- 375 until bacon is cooked (30- 45 mins).
Grilled Brown Sugar Chicken Wings
From Camp Chef.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cream Sauce Ingredients
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Preheat smoker or oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
In large bowl, combine wings, olive oil, brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
Mix until wings are coated. Place wings onto baking sheet and smoke/bake for 25 min, using tongs to turn halfway through.
Make dipping sauce by combining roasted red pepper, goat cheese, sour cream and salt in the bowl of a food processor until creamed.
Serve wings immediately with dipping sauce.
From Camp Chef
- 3 zucchini (1 lb.) (or other summer squash)
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 packet Shake & Bake Coating Mix (or 1/4 of the recipe below)
- 1 small egg
- Heat oven to 450ºF.
- Trim the zucchini -cut crosswise in half, then cut each piece into 1/4-inch sticks.
- Add cheese to coating mix on a large plate or cookie sheet; stir gently to combine.
- Whisk egg in medium bowl. Add zucchini; toss to coat.
- Place wet zucchini on plate and press to coat. (It will look like it will come off. Be gentle. It will bake up just great!)
- Spread onto your cast iron pan sprayed with cooking spray (or newly seasoned as mine was). Repeat with remaining zucchini.
- Bake for 12 to 13 min. or until golden brown, turning pan 180 degrees after 7 min to facilitate even baking. Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients.
Dutch Oven Super Nachos
From Camp Chef
- Tortilla Chips
- Ground Beef, or any meat
- Diced Tomatoes
- Green Peppers
- Kidney Beans (Optional)
- Chopped Onions
- Shredded Cheese
- Pizza pan
Any sized Dutch oven will work, but a 16″ will work best. Pre-heat your oven with 4-5 coals in the center with coals all the way around the lid. You will have 6-8 charcoal briquettes on the bottom. While the oven is pre-heating, begin building your nachos. Start with a base of chips on the pizza pan, then add ground beef, olives, tomatoes, and so on. After you have three to four layers, add another layer of chips, and start the same process. Once you are done, add plenty of cheese to the top and sides and carefully place in your pre-heated Dutch oven. Cover the nachos and let them cook for about 15 minutes. Remove the lid, carefully remove the nachos on the pizza pan, serve and enjoy!
Spicy Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
From Camp Chef
- Raw shrimp, peeled & deveined – 2 lbs
- Olive oil – 1/3 cup
- Sesame oil – 1/4 cup
- Cilantro, chopped – 1/4 cup
- Siracha – 1 T
- Garlic powder – 1 T
- Chili garlic sauce – 2 T
- Lime juice – 3 T
- Camp Chef Mango Chipotle Seasoning – 1 T
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water – 12
Whisk together olive oil, sesame oil, cilantro, siracha, garlic powder, chili garlic sauce, Mango Chipotle seasoning, and lime juice in a bowl. Save a bit of this marinade so you can use it while you grill later on (about 1/4 of the mixture).
Place the raw shrimp in large freezer bag, and pour in the marinade. Seal the bag, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
While the shrimp is marinading, you can soak your wooden skewers in water for about a half hour.
Preheat your BBQ Box to Medium heat. Stick shrimp onto the skewers, then place each onto the grill for 2 minutes per side. Make sure to continually baste the shrimp in the leftover marinade. Serve and enjoy!